Here is your daily summary of Home Inspection News for Wednesday, July 19, 2017.

‘There was no clue’: Woman certain radon found in basement caused her lung cancer

After undergoing surgery for lung cancer, a woman is warning New Brunswickers to check their homes for radon. She is very sure she got lung cancer because of a high amount of radon leaking into her house.


5 Reasons You Must Opt for a Pre-Purchase Building Inspection

There is a part of the home buying process that often gets pushed to the background. This is getting the building inspected before you invest in it. Yes, it is a choice, but it is highly advisable to go through with it. Here is why.


Five Things To Search For When Seeing A House For The First Time

There are certain things you should immediately be looking for when assessing a home for purchase. The following is list of the first five things your eyes should be searching for when seeing a house for the first time.


Radon gas: The invisible killer lurking in Canadian buildings

The second leading cause of lung cancer in Canada, after cigarette smoking, is something most people have never heard of. Radon gas, a naturally occurring substance which can be found everywhere, causes 3,000 lung cancer deaths per year in Canada.


Protecting your home from termites

According to Tim Mathews with Big House Pest Control, they cause more damage per year than hurricanes, tornadoes and thunderstorms combined. Homeowners could do things to attract the pests without even knowing it.


Improve Your Home’s Health with Professional Mold Remediation

Your home is one of the most important investments you will ever make in life. Among the most common problems you should always be on the lookout for is mold growth. Mold must be one of the most ignored problems in home maintenance yet it affects the health of your home’s occupants.

 


Recommendations based on today’s news (Affiliate Links)

Daily Home Inspection News – Wednesday, July 19, 2017 – Home Buyers, Radon, Lung Cancer, Termites, Mold.
Tagged on: